About the Job & YOU
We are TheNetCircle. We create social network communities that allow people to live authentic, fulfilled, and happy lives. We are committed to providing the best user experience and the most efficient way for like-minded people to connect and discover what matters to them.
We are looking for a dedicated Linux Engineer who is an experienced individual with strong problem-solving skills, an analytical mindset, and a real passion for technology. Technical skills and capabilities need to be balanced with solid interpersonal skills to work closely with development/data protection teams located in different countries.
What you’ll do:
• Work in production and the lab on Linux servers;
• Install and configure many different types of services and applications;
• Interact with hosting partners;
• Research new technologies and come up with plans;
• Enforce company policy regarding backup and security;
• Monitor servers for activities, alerts;
• Intervene in case of problems;
• Understanding of concurrency related problems;
• Document server setups and intervention procedures;
• Creative and innovative solving of abstract problems;
• Have a good understanding of our web applications;
• Support the development teams in finding solutions to implement their goals;
• Understand complex environments;
• Be able to judge if suggestions and plans make sense or not and defend your opinion;
• Ensure high availability of our production environments.
Skills to create thrills:
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience;
• 5+ years of Unix or Linux administration experience in the production environment, familiar with Linux distribution like RHEL or Debian;
• Understanding of logging and monitoring technologies like ELK/EFK, Grafana, and Prometheus, etc.;
• Proficient in bash shell scripting;
• Good understanding of virtualization(KVM) and container(Docker) technologies;
• Good understanding of automation (puppet/cobbler/ansible);
• Understand high availability (and failover) – Pacemaker, LVS, etc.;
• Familiar with MySQL database administration and configuration, can setup replication;
• Understands NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB/Redis/Memcache, knowing how to configure and optimize;
• Good knowledge of Nginx;
• Good networking knowledge, familiar with the TCP/IP stack and routing;
• Good communication skills in English.
• Understanding of Lua, Python, Perl, PHP is a plus;
• Understanding of Kubernetes is a plus;
What are we offering?
• 16 paid holidays with annual increments of 2 days (maximum 22 paid holidays);
• Extra paid days off on Christmas and both Eastern and Western New Year;
• Flexible work shifts;
• Catered food and drinks;
• Nice place to work;
• Entertainment facilities such as pool table and darts;
• OOODays (out of office days);
• Massage sessions;
• Language classes;
• A mini-library of programming books;
• Annual health check;
• Gym reimbursement;
• Social welfare and additional medical insurance.
If you cannot finish the application from your device, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!