About the job & YOU!
The NetCircle, as a company that specializes in making social networking websites and mobile apps, is seeking a Java Developer to join our Service Team. The position requires an inquisitive person that can find solutions to complex software engineering problems, with an open mind and the ability to learn quickly.
Service Team engineers play a direct role in the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple teams to implement fresh ideas that allow our communities to grow. The team is working on discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data to make intelligent business decisions and to deliver better products.
What You’ll Do:
• Perform new application development including initial design and evaluation for work load to give an estimated work duration;
• Work closely with multiple engineering teams to design and deliver feature enhancements;
• Translate business requirements into projects and prioritize based on impact;
• Work in DevOps environment and agile development methodology;
• Assist with monitoring of systems to proactively identify performance issues;
• Document designs and implementations properly.
Skills to create thrills:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
• 5+ years full-time relevant industry experience;
• Core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment;
• Experience with Java/GC/Linux OS level debugging/performance tuning;
• Proficiency in Python or Scala with the willingness to learn the other;
• Deep knowledge of messaging and event-driven architectures, particularly utilizing either Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ;
• Experience in Apache Lucene or Lucene based search engine (ElasticSearch or Solr);
• Strong desire to work on end-to-end projects that require design, coding, operations and troubleshooting;
• Independence, self-direction and an amazing ability to get stuff done.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and cross-functional skills;
• Extensive knowledge and experience with large-scale, distributed systems;
• Interest in ML and/or working with machine learning teams;
• CI/CD experiences.
What are we offering?
• 16 paid holidays with annual increments of 2 days (maximum 24 paid holidays);
• Extra paid day off on Christmas & Volunteer Time Off;
• Flexible work shifts;
• Catered food and drinks;
• Nice place to work;
• Entertainment facilities such as pool table and darts;
• Annual team and company trip;
• OOODays (out of office days);
• Massage sessions;
• Language classes;
• A mini library of programming books;
• Annual health check;
• Gym reimbursement;
• Social welfare and additional medical insurance.
Btw, if you are not able to finish the application from your device, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!