Advanced Data Engineer
About the Role:
The NetCircle, as a company that specializes in making social networking websites and mobile apps, is seeking for a Data Engineer to join our Service Team. The position requires an inquisitive person that can find solutions to complex data engineering problems, with an open mind and the ability to learn quickly.
Service Team engineers play a direct role in the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple teams to implement fresh ideas that allow our communities to grow. The team is working on discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data to make intelligent business decisions and to deliver better products.
What you’ll do:
• Build scalable systems that process, store, and serve terabytes of data;
• Optimize systems from hardware to software level;
• Maintain the operational status of our systems;
• Build tools that will automate common infrastructure routines;
• Gather requirements and build new solutions to solve the pain points of Data Scientists and Developers;
• Be responsible for architecture, design and development of services and related projects;
• Communicate complex findings visually to non-technical shareholders;
• Use exploratory analysis to help find new business cases;
• Choose and implement new technologies that will enable us to sustain our growth for years to come;
• Be responsible for document designs and implementations.
At a Minimum, we’d like you to have:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
• 5+ years experience ideally including technical lead roles;
• Production experience with large scale distributed systems, including performance tuning;
• Experience managing Linux based systems;
• Proficiency in modern compiled and scripting languages such as Java or Python;
• Experience with modern data technology including Hadoop, NoSQL data stores, key-value stores, MPP warehouse solutions, etc;
• Independence, self-direction and an amazing ability to get stuff done;
• Strong understanding of algorithms, web services, and data management;
• Proficiency in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows;
• Proficiency in data warehouse modeling techniques, dealing with imperfections in data, visualizing and communicating data.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills;
• Ability to work in stressful situations when insights in (new) data sets is required quickly;
• Familiar with machine learning such as natural language processing, or predictive modelling.
What are we offering?
• 16 paid holidays with annual increments of 2 days (maximum 24 paid holidays);
• Extra paid day off on Christmas;
• Flexible work shifts;
• Catered food and drinks;
• Nice place to work;
• Entertainment facilities such as pool table and darts;
• Annual team and company trip;
• OOODays (out of office days);
• Massage sessions;
• Language classes;
• A mini library of programming books;
• Annual health check;
• Gym reimbursement;
• Social welfare and additional medical insurance.
Btw, if you are not able to finish the application from your device, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!